Owatrol E-B Bonding Primer. Additive for water-based paint and varnish. Can be used on all surfaces, especially suitable for unstable, chalky and powdery surfaces as well as for difficult surfaces such as glass, plastic, wood, varnished surfaces etc. Using E-B as a paint additive saves time and money by eliminating the need for a primer, while also achieving a strong, wear and peel-resistant bond which is less likely to need recoating.
Owatrol E-B Bonding Primer acts as a stabiliser, penetrating deep into the surface to firmly bond the first coat of paint to the substrate eliminating the need for a primer. E-B promotes even coverage with maximum adhesion between coats. The high solids content of E-B maintains the inherent characteristics of the paint, improves hiding power and increases coverage by up to 20%.
The drying time estimated by Owatrol when E-B is used alone or as a surface conditioner is 24-48 hours. When added to paint refer to the paint manufacturer’s instructions, as E-B will not significantly alter their estimated drying times.
- Cover everything you do not wish to paint.
- Apply between 5°C and 35°C.
- We always recommend mixing a small amount of Owatrol E-B and paint to test for compatibility.
- Refer to the paint manufacturer’s instructions regarding preparation.
- Make sure all surfaces to be painted are sound, clean, dry and free from any possible contaminants such as dirt and grease.
Remove all loose and flaking material.
- Stir paint thoroughly and pour in to a paint scuttle or large container.
- Add Owatrol E-B to the paint – stirring all the time.
- Continuing stirring to ensure the paint and Owatrol E-B are thoroughly mixed together. If the paint thickens add enough water to return paint to its original consistency (approx 10% by volume).
- Apply the Owatrol E-B/paint mix in normal manner. Refer to the paint manufacturer’s instructions.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply additional coats of paint without Owatrol E-B.
- Do not apply further applications of paint if the Owatrol E-B/paint mix feels soft or tacky.